Yields: 24 meatballs, 8 servings
Directions: 1. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, grated onion, carrot, mint, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Roll and shape the meat mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs. Let sit five minutes.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and start browning the meatballs, making sure not to crowd them in the skillet. Allow all sides to get a nice color on them. Remove from the skillet and reserve.
4. Degrease the skillet if necessary. Add the other 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté garlic and serrano. Let cook five minutes. Add the pureed tomatoes and bring to a low boil. Allow to simmer five minutes. Add the meatballs, carefully sliding them into the simmering tomato sauce. Simmer the meatballs 15 minutes, until fully cooked.
Favorite food made nutritious!
Directions: 1. Melt heart-healthy spread in a hot pan. Place corn tortilla and cover with cheese.
2. Place corn tortilla in pan and cover with cheese.
3. Add sausage and chiles to one side.
4. Sprinkle chipotle seasoning over all ingredients, then fold the tortilla in half.
5. Allow each side to brown until cheese is melted.
6. Serve with Chipotle Salsa.
A healthy way to cool off in the summer months!
Directions: Frozen treats are bound to be popular in the warm months. You can also put fresh fruits such as melon chunks in the freezer (rinse first). Make “popsicles” by inserting sticks into peeled bananas and freezing.
Let your kids' food come to life with these fun butterflies!
Directions: Start with carrot sticks or celery for the body. Attach wings made of thinly sliced apples with peanut butter and decorate with halved grapes or dried fruit.
A fun way to encourage the little ones to eat their fruits and veggies! Select the kind of fruit of veggies that you know your kid loves.
Directions: Use celery, cucumber, or carrot sticks as the log and add peanut butter. Top with dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, or cherries, depending on what bugs you want!
These are definitely fun to make with mom or dad!
Directions: First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then, in a small bowl, break the eggs and use a fork to beat them a little bit. In a large bowl, combine the milk, mashed banana, peanut butter, vegetable oil, apple juice, dry milk, and the eggs from the small bowl. Mix with a mixing spoon until the mixture is creamy. Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the large bowl. Mix again. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way up. Bake for about 15 minutes. When your muffins are finished baking, remove from the muffin tin and cool them on the wire rack.
A delicious and healthy snack for your kiddos!
Directions: Bring the heavy cream, water, brown rice, and salt to a boil in a pot; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the liquid is completely absorbed, about 80 minutes. Fold the raisins into the mixture and continue cooking until the raisins plump, about 10 minutes more. Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl; slowly pour into the pot with the rice while stirring. Cook and stir until the mixture thickens, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract..
At JC Food Mart, community means everything. Visit one of our 9 San Antonio area locations and meet our team of caring employees.
Don’t forget to get daily exercise. Allowing your kids to play for 30 minutes a day will promote a happy, healthy child. So go outside and play!