Texas WIC classes are packed with wonderful tips from experts. Next week, sessions are packed with information on everything from a Live story time for your little one to learning how to make the perfect family meal time. Use the link below to Texas WIC to sign up for the free online classes you can take from your phone or a computer.
Here is a glance at some of the FREE upcoming LIVE ONLINE classes that can be taken from the comfort of your own home:
- Live Activity on Fearless Family Meals – Monday, March 27th at 10:00 AM Join WIC experts for a LIVE interactive activity exploring what a family meal looks like featuring a special guest expert!
- Story Time with Zobey – Tuesday, March 28th at 9:30 AM Join WIC for a LIVE story time with a special guest, Zobey! WIC will be reading a kid’s book that covers everything from colors to how veggies grow.
- Ask the Expert about Breastfeeding and Pumping – Tuesday, March 28th at 3:00 PM If you are pregnant or recently gave birth, join Texas WIC for a weekly discussion on breastfeeding topics. Experts will cover everything from breastfeeding, pumping and bottle feeding.
- Live Discussion on Introducing Your Baby to Foods – Wednesday, March 29th at 11:00 AM Introducing solid food is an exciting adventure, but Texas WIC knows it can be overwhelming! Join this live discussion for expert WIC advice.
- Live Discussion on a Gentle Approach to Weaning from Breastfeeding – Thursday, March 30th at 10:00 AM Wondering when and how to stop breastfeeding your baby? Join Texas WIC for tips!
To register for these events, and see additional WIC Click & Learn Classes visit Texas WIC online at: https://texaswic.org/online-classes
Texas WIC is offering a fun online story time for kids Tuesday, Aug. 16th from 9:30 am to 10 AM.
Kids will learn basic counting and color skills, how fruits and vegetables grow in a garden and how fun it is to try new foods. The story time is all part of Texas WIC’s free online classes for parents and kids. You can watch the program on a mobile device or computer. To register, visit the link here.
There are more FREE WIC classes coming up.
Check these out:
Live Discussion on breastfeeding, pumping and bottle feeding. This class will be held from 3 to 4 PM, August 16. Register here.
Live Discussion on Introducing your Baby to Foods. This class will be offered from 11 AM to noon August. 17th. Register here.
Live Discussion and Activity on Cool Drinks for Kids. This class will be held online from 11 AM to noon on August 18th. Register here
Texas WIC is a free nutritional education program for qualifying mothers and their children up to age 5. If you would like to apply, visit TexasWIC.org/apply.
Texas WIC Helps Parents Online
Texas WIC is ready to help parents from pregnancy to toddler. They even have free classes online each month to help parents learn the ropes.
During March, WIC online classes range in topics from how to feed your baby to a live demonstration with a guest speaker on “Fearless Family Meals” and a “Life Pregnancy Discussion.” There are two types of classes offered:
- Live Online Classes – Use a link to watch a class live from your phone or computer.
- Click & Learn – You follow along by clicking through course materials.
Here is a glimpse of WIC Live Online classes coming up this week:
March 22 from 10 AM to 11 AM – Live Activity on Fearless Family Meals
March 22 from Noon to 1 PM – Live Discussion on WIC Shopping Tips and Tricks
March 22 from 3 to 4 PM – Live Discussion Series for Breastfeeding, Pumping and Bottle Feeding
March 23 from 1 to 2 PM – Live Discussion on Feeding Your Baby from 8 to 12 Months