Ways WIC Helps Moms, Babies
Mothers only want the best for their babies, and that usually starts with the news you are expecting. Luckily for qualifying Texas residents there is a program that helps mothers make sure their nutritional needs are being met to help ensure the best healthy start for their babies. Texas WIC offers nutrition education, free supplemental foods and support for moms and babies.
Here are some of the best ways Texas WIC offers help to expecting moms and moms with children up to age 5.
- WIC provides supplemental foods to qualifying pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women.
- WIC helps to improve the health of pregnant women and their babies. That includes providing baby formula to babies in need.
- WIC provides nutrition education and counseling to help participants make healthy food choices.
- WIC helps participants access other social services.
- WIC has been shown to reduce the incidence of low birth weight babies, according to studies on USDA’s website.
If you want to learn more about Texas WIC, visit their website at texaswic.org. You can also apply on online at texaswic.org/apply.
For easy WIC grocery shopping, visit JC Food Mart stores in San Antonio. Bilingual clerks help WIC clients get all their WIC foods in one easy stop. There are 10 stores throughout San Antonio. Visit today to find out how easy WIC shopping can be. Find a store near you at jcfoodmart.com/locations